About Me

My photo
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
A young and passionate heart with a true zeal for souls. Striving to live out faith...Mark 2:13-17.

07 September 2012

Scatterblog

I find that I do not update my blog as much I would like too, and as I was pondering why I don't, it dawned on me that I feel it to sometimes be obligatory. Now, I'm sure you're thinking, "Then don't blog. Plus I don't know why I'm even reading this in the first place." But I still see value in sharing some updates on what is happening in this crazy world we live in and in particular, what is going on in my neck of the woods these days. Who knows, there could be some tiny fraction of information or advice that I share that could change the course of someone's life forever (lofty I know, but hey, it's possible). Therefore, I shall continue to blog, but in a new and strategic manner. There are two conditions to this new strategy which I call "Scatterblogging." The first is that I must not procrastinate and wait to share all the wack and beautiful things happening in my life. The second is that I must blog as I think. And I am often scatterbrained...


  • Being back in Cambridge has been phenomenal. It is a tough transition to serving at a new campus and with a new team, but has been jam-packed with blessings and bright spots.
  • My new roommates are way too cool for school. They are super hip and our apartment looks like a log cabin now, or a window display for Urban Outfitters.
  • Having 12 FOCUS missionaries in Boston is way out of control...in a good way. We have been fortunate to have a few gatherings, celebrate some birthdays, catch a Red Sox game at good ole Fenway, and learn and grow from each other in what has been just shy of a month's time. 
  • I turned 23 which is both great and super wack. I mean, when did I get here? And why hasn't my life catapulted into some catastrophic and tragic debacle. I like to think it is because God is real and really good.
  • Boston University is way. That's it. It is so very. And super. Coming into a community that has had such tight-knit fellowship and distinct structure and bringing the New Evangelization in a slightly different way has been tough at times, but I know the the Lord will bless it with a lot of fruit.
  • I hiked a mountain for the first time at Harper's Ferry in West Virginia before I came to campus. It was so nice to spend time in Northern Virginia and reconnect with great friends and past co-workers from college.
  • I have decided to be bold.
  • Having a smart phone has really allowed me to do things that I enjoy and that I see as a skill (even though some would prefer to differ). Having all my social media outlets in the palm of my hand has been great to share what is happening with students, reach out to a larger audience and keep them informed, and of course read my daily tweets to catch up on all the news. I do actually follow legit news sources.
  • Students are...well to illustrate my point I just had a student come and ask me to pray with him and now we are in my office still talking and it's almost 11:30 at night. So students are great and I already have a deep love for them and I feel like I am serving in the way I am wanted now. 
  • That's about all for the night folks. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you are better at updating your blog than I am at reading it--or even at reading Facebook or my email!! (Don't have a smart phone!) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete