About Me

My photo
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
A young and passionate heart with a true zeal for souls. Striving to live out faith...Mark 2:13-17.

13 August 2012

The Game of Life



It is difficult for me to fully grasp the idea that an entire year has gone by since I first moved to Boston. Here I am in Arlington, Virginia spending one final week with friends and mission partners before making my way up north to Bean-town. After six weeks of training in Illinois, I enjoyed dividing my time between Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbia and Shelbina, with some other stops in between. It is truly refreshing to spend time with people who love you and desire to be a part of your life. I am very fortunate to be serving as a missionary with FOCUS for my second year, and am encouraged by the amazing souls I was surrounded by this summer during my time away from campus. Highlights of the summer included swimming with my niece and nephews, celebrating my best friend's wedding, visiting friends from college, and enjoying the quiet tranquility that my rural community has to offer.

The summer ended on a particularly high note with the Games of the XXX Olympiad at the 2012 London Olympics. I have always been intrigued by the games and the competition between the world-class athletes. This year was even more profound than ever as I was able to fully appreciate the beauty of the world being united even if it was for a mere 17 days. The spirit of unity and determination that was portrayed in the Olympic events has fueled the flame inside of me to bring that to the campus of Boston University. After all, everyday is a challenge and we are all called to strive for greatness.

1 comment: