About Me

My photo
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
A young and passionate heart with a true zeal for souls. Striving to live out faith...Mark 2:13-17.

23 July 2012

New Year, New Campus





Goodbye, MIT!
As the summer reaches the peak of hot temperatures and dry weather, that means we are getting one day closer to when all the young and knowledge-seeking men and women converge back on college and university campuses all over the world. This also means that I too will be diving back into the world of academia, but once again in a more non-traditional role. This September I will be starting my second year as a FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students) missionary. I was honored to have the opportunity to spend this past year serving at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. There were so many incredible relationships made and unbelievable transformations that occurred in the lives of the students and my team.


Hello, Boston University!

It is bittersweet for me to announce that I will not be at MIT next year, but I am beginning my second year on staff as a missionary at Boston University. Geographically it is but a small hop, skip and a jump away from MIT, but in all other cases it is distanced by leaps and bounds. With a new campus and a new team, I can hardly wait to see what God has in store. With each and every day that passes, I begin to understand and come to know what I really want out of life: to always be mindful of the joy and love that I was created for. I want to live in that knowledge. And being able to share that with college students and to spread the message of love is an opportunity that not many people have. To those who have been along for the ride thus far, thank you - I am overjoyed to have your support. And to those who are just joining...welcome to the adventure!




No comments:

Post a Comment