About Me

My photo
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
A young and passionate heart with a true zeal for souls. Striving to live out faith...Mark 2:13-17.

17 October 2012

Umm...is that a deer in her passenger seat?

So, it is pretty apparent that my new blogging strategy as mentioned in my previous blog from September is not working out. I am now going to switch to a "divine inspiration" strategy. Basically, I will continue to share in a loose and rather disconnected way, but only when I feel inspired. And I am feeling inspired. After a nice weekend of tranquility and a lot less people (Denton, TX) I got right back into the crazy life of Boston. The following will document my 6 mile run this evening...and none of it will make sense:


  • After 45 minutes I finally made it back to Boston University. Then I ate a piece of Laffy Taffy. Still trying to figure that one out...I decided to start the first 20 minutes praying a running rosary. The only difference is that my prayer changed a little bit, "Hail Mary, full of grace, don't let me hurt my knee..."
  • There was definitely a lady who had a deer in her passenger seat. Not sure if it was real or fake, or just a hybrid of a dog that severely resembles Bambi (probably the latter) but I am going to choose that it was a deer.
  • My ears were about to bleed from the cursing and inhumane ways people were treating each other. Mind you, this was rush hour in Boston so the honking was incessant and completely unnecessary. What boggled my mind the most though was how arbitrary it was...I mean, there was no logical reason. At all. Come on people!
  • At one point I thought I was Bruce Willis' character from "What Women Want" except it was more "What the World Wants." Or God. I felt like I was hearing so many thoughts but none of them my own. People were talking on their phones and to each other and my mind was a whirlwind.
  • "You are a LOSER." This was shouted by a guy on a bike who almost got hit by a car. Props to him for keeping it a lot more clean than it could have been.
  • At one time I thought "Ooooh....she is from Harvard so she must be smart. And maybe she is rich." Wow. What a comment coming from someone who dislikes assumptions so much. #growinghopefully 
  • I really wish I would have brought my phone because I wanted to Instagram it up like crazy. 
  • The Charles was the only thing standing in my way from getting back to BU. I literally thought about swimming but it was too cold.

  • 5 comments: